March 24, 2008

Me

Below is my first attempt at a self portrait. Harder than I thought it would be with a fixed lens.
This is the only shot that didn't come out blurry, so this is whatchya get.

This shot is SOOC (straight out of camera), no editing, or photoshop (I don't even own it yet), and straight out of the shower, and I have zero makeup on.


So, here I am, in all my 'natural' glory, blemishes and all.

IMG_4790


7 Weird Things About Me

1. I'm completely addicted to coffee. I drink at least two cups every morning. What's worse, I let my toddler finish up my second cup when she has a screaming fit for some. I know, I know.

2. At parties, weddings, or any place of large gatherings and where there is chocolate cake or dark icing available, I get kicks out of smearing gobs of it on my top front teeth and talking to unsuspecting folks to see their reaction. I learned this from Javier.

3. I'm supersitious. Perhaps even have a bit of 'psychic' ability. Seriously though before you start laughing, or think I'm a loon, I just KNEW I was going to have a daughter one of these years. When Mike and I decided to try for a baby, I knew she would be a girl, before she was ever conceived. I also pick up vibes and energy on people very easily.

4. I was a devoted vegetarian for 9 years. I fell off that wagon when I was pregnant with Sophia. What can I say? It was Thanksgiving. And my husband's deep fried turkey.

5. I read 3 books a time, but rarely read them from start to finish. I skip all over the place. I've noticed the pattern though. It's with expository text (parenting, philosophies, self-help, etc), whereas if I get my hands on a good fictional story, I can stay focused and get through the end.

6. I'm in denial about my oldest growing up. I just realized yesterday that in 2 months, he'll be able to get a job and get his driver's license.

He and I both are in la-la land more often than not.

7. I often have dreams that my teeth are falling out. Can you say stress?


To keep the meme moving along, I tag:

iMOTHER (Tanya)
The Adventures of Lazygirl (Bonnie)
A Fraction of Time (Stephanie)
Hanging by a Nerve (Vick)
CMan's Mama (Andrea)
Y ~ M ~ C (Yvonne)

And yes, you need to add self-portrait.





10 comments:

iMother2.0 said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your self portrait!!!!! You're so beautiful, Andrea :)

Unknown said...

Ack, I totally have dreams about my teeth falling out ALL the time too!

Mother of the Freakin' Year said...

Blemishes my ass! You look gorgeous - absolutely gorgeous.

I also have the teeth falling out dreams frequently and I have since high school. I always have to check my teeth when I wake up. Of course now I have the hair falling out ones, too - which is really not very far from the truth for me. And yes, this is Mel ;)

Stephanie said...

You won't find me laughing at you about being superstitious or having 'psychic' ability...I'm right there with you!

Melissa said...

yeah, you as you are is a knockout!

Never That Easy said...

I think your self-portrait is awesome! It came out great.

And I'm totally with you on the teeth falling out dreams. Yuck.

Sassy said...

You look great "au natural".
I will do a truth shot and then edit the tar out of that baby so y'all think I am pretty....haha
Found you on BSM.

Rachel said...

Don't feel too bad about the caffeine. For years Erin wasn't allowed to have any, then it turns out that with her mild ADD and dyslexia, it was a great form of self-medication. Milder than ritalin and she was on an even keel! I miss coffee...

I am also so superstitious it is ridiculous. And that weird Gaudin 6th sense is nothing to mess around with.

I loved meat when I was pregnant. Now I am back to not being able to eat much of it again.

Andrea said...

Yes! There are many folks who refused to give their kids Ritalin and instead had them drink a cup of coffee, and it did wonders. Domi probably should drink a cup to stay focused himself.

Thanks for your comment! Miss ya!

Rose said...

That is one heck of a Beautiful self-portrait. Wow. Here. Not so good.

I have had many teeth falling out nightmares in my day. Eek!