August 16, 2008

Longhorn Baseball Camp

Jay asked to attend UT Austin's Summer Longhorn Baseball Camp and at his age, he was able to place into the advanced camp. I have no idea how these guys get through the day in this heat. Camp was from 8:00-4:00 and the temperature averaged about 102 degrees, (in the shot below, you can see it on the scoreboard), and with the turf this field has, the heat coming off the ground is approximately 130 degrees. His shirt was completely soaked when I'd pick him up at the end of the day. They must get in a trans of some sort because there is NO way, I'd be able to hang.

Was hard to get a good close up shot with my fixed lens (need a zoom lens, need a zoom), but my guy is the one batting in the red shirt.

Photobucket

2682671710_9eb4854222_b-vert

Photobucket

IMG_0753

1 comment:

iMother2.0 said...

What great shots! I KNOW, how do they handle the heat?!?! Outside running around. I'm sure he had a wonderful time. He's such a sports star :)