July 18, 2011

Sedona, How I Love Thee

I was not ready to leave. My first time visiting Sedona and I can see why it's called one of the most uniquely beautiful sites on Earth. I absolutely loved it.

I'm not sure of many places where two environments are so contrasting, yet both spectacular. Sedona has Red Rock Country and Oak Creek Canyon. The moment Domi and I drove into Sedona from Phoenix, and got a glimpse of the Red Rocks, I was spellbound. My photos don't do this place justice, whatsoever. The magnitude of the landscape here is simply, incredible. And there's the metaphysical and spirtual side filled with vortexes. How can I not fall in love with this place?

Then to discover Oak Creek, which extends northward from Sedona, is probably one of the most beautiful drives I have been on. The canyon is almost, junglelike, and I can only imagine how incredible it looks during Autumn.

I think the next time I'm in Sedona, we'll stay in Oak Creek to have more time to explore its space. The hiking there is fantastic.

IMG_4937

Arizona is not just desert (silly me!). We headed north alongside Oak Creek and were surprised by deep lush canyon scenery where we hiked West Fork. We started our 6 mile hike at 8:00am and enjoyed the serenity.

IMG_4846

IMG_4856

IMG_4820

IMG_4822v

IMG_4850

Bracken Ferns flood the grounds

west fork collage

tree collage

IMG_4868

IMG_4885

Topped our trip off with Jeeping through the Red Rock trails. I am very proud of my offroading skills!

IMG_4891

IMG_4897

IMG_4939

IMG_4952

IMG_4963


IMG_4975

rock collage

IMG_4985

IMG_4997

IMG_5021

IMG_5000

sunset_sedona

Sacred Moments

"People say that what we're all seeking is a meaning for life, I think that what we're seeking is an experience of being alive, so that our life experiences...will have resonance within our own innermost being and reality, so that we actually feel the rapture of being alive."

-Joseph Campbell, The Power of Myth

No comments: