December 27, 2006

Donating my Locks of Love

This morning, after putting my super long mane into the exciting everyday style I wear - the bun - I made a decision:

The long hair had to go.

It was heavy. It was thick. It was hot. And it was frumpy.

I called up my good friend Ruben at Alia Salon and made an appointment for the same afternoon. After some quick research, I decided to donate my hair to Locks of Love when I realized I had more than enough to donate. Locks of Love is a non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children 18 years and younger suffering from long-term medical hair loss. And come to find out, Alia Salon does not charge for haircuts if donating to Locks of Love, which was icing on the cake. I just made sure to leave a nice fat tip.

12 inches came off. 12 inches! What a great feeling too. I'm lucky in that my hair grows back super quickly and I plan to let it grow out again and continue the donation of my future locks. I mean...what else am I gonna do with it?








No comments: