January 19, 2008

Kombucha

After seeing my mom make Kombucha for many years, I decided, after noticing the hefty price of bottled storebought Kombucha, that I would make my own. So, I picked up a "baby" from my good friend, Stephana, the chapter leader of Holistic Moms Network at our last meeting, and have begun the fermentation process, by adding green tea and raw sugar to the kombucha culture, which is a symbiotic probiotic colony of yeast and bacteria.

I know, it sounds totally icky, but it's the friendly type. So hopefully, in about 7-10 days, I will have the wonder beverage resulting in dozens of elements, many of which are known to promote healing for a variety of conditions--removing toxins, improving circulation, relieving a myriad of health ailments, as well as help prevent major health problems from developing. It's even been said to stop severe menstrual cramps (yeah!!). Since Kombucha reproduces itself, and if I maintain this culture correctly, I could have a lifetime supply.

No comments: