May 22, 2011

Walk-Off Exhilaration

Here's my big boy coming into home. I found myself crying as I snapped these shots. Proud and overwhelming moment, and it was worth every storm I encountered to be there to see it.


Jay Gonzales sent a ball over Prosper’s version of the Green Monster, a 25-foot high wall in left field for a three-run blast to give Argyle the walk-off victory and prolong its season at least one more game with the 12-10 win.

Gonzales said he actually envisioned Friday night hitting a walk-off home run on Saturday off of the Leopards’ intimidating closer. "I swung at a bad pitch [before the home run] and luckily it went foul,” Gonzales said. “I was waiting for that fastball low, and I took it out. It’s my first walk-off ever, and it feels great."

IMG_9114_f

IMG_9118-2_f

No comments: