March 08, 2009

No More Bun!

Once in a blue moon, I take out the bun and wear my hair down, which results in friends (who see me on a weekly basis) to exclaim, “OMG, your hair is LONG!” They act surprised because, well, it’s NEVER down, but instead pulled up in the notorious [frumpy] bun.

Two years ago, I chopped off my mane, and donated it to Locks of Love. On Saturday, I did it again. Cut off 10 inches. Ruben, my hairdresser, tried to encourage me to get just a trim and come back in a month, so he wouldn’t have to cut as short. Even though I cut off more last time, the end result was slightly above shoulder length hair. This time, since my hair wasn't quite as long, it would mean, just-below-the-ear length.

I couldn’t leave. Told him to chop it off. NOW.

As soon as his scissors made their last snip, my head felt 10 times lighter. Why I torture myself with the long hair is beyond me. Ah, yes, because I like to donate it to a good cause.

The hubby likes it long, but he doesn’t have to wash it, and dry it, and brush it, and WEAR it. Don’t think he’s too thrilled with the new do, but I feel 10 times better. I'm having a hard time getting used to having "bangs" as I haven't had bangs since I was oh, 7. But Ruben insisted since we were going so short, to try something new.

And there is no more bun.


IMG_2346

IMG_2349

IMG_2364

IMG_2370

Will get some pics up soon. My hairdresser, although good with his scissors, had a hard time using my camera.

9 comments:

iMother2.0 said...

:) I need to tell Mia, on the way to school tomorrow, that Ms. Andrea has short hair now...she's gonna stare at you for a while :)

I LOVE that you donate your lovely locks.

Yes! We need pics!!!

Victoria said...

Would love to see a little more focused shot :)

Good for you for donating your hair - it's such a wonderful thing to do!

Jessica said...

It looks super cute! I did the same thing and yes-it feels SO much better than all of that hair! I can't wait to see more pictures! :)

Christina said...

From what we can see - you look fabulous with a short, sassy cut! I would love to donate to Locks of Love, but I simply don't have the patience the let it grow that long. Good for you!!

MGF said...

Only two years and your hair grew that long. That is so awesome that you continue to donate.

Christen said...

cool. short hair rocks!

Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

The photos may not show off the new do.... but they're really interesting shots.

Yvonne in Austin said...

From what I can see, I like it! :) I wish I could pull off short hair but the curls have a mind of their own....looks great on you though!

Arizaphale said...

From what I can see in the mirror it looks GREAT!