August 01, 2008

Seattle: Pike Place Market

I'm posting these today because I won't have time tomorrow since Mike's family is in town.

This was probably my favorite place in Seattle. Pike Place Market. Oh, the sites at this place. Located on the waterfront and talk about an AWESOME farmer's market. I absolutely love, love, LOVED it. The fish market, where employees throw fish to each other rather than passing them by hand, was fun to watch. When a customer orders a fish, an employee at the Fish Market's ice-covered fish table picks up the fish, and hurls it over the countertop, where another employee catches it and preps it for sale. The crabs were enormous. Fresh Seafood everywhere.

Add to that, produce and fruits in masses like I've never seen. Blueberries and cherries are local! And the rows and rows of gorgeous flowers ready to sale (and tons out just for decoration, and they don't die). Everywhere I turned, there were flowers. And when Dawn told me her husband's office is right up the street and he can come by and easily pick stuff up, I thought that was the coolest thing ever, and almost envious.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

IMG_1267

7 comments:

Sara Ballard said...

Pike's Place is one of my favorite places anywhere! Its hard to get a bad photo, but yours are BEAUTIFUL! I can even smell it through my computer. There is a stand that sells mini donuts covered with frosting and sprinkles, I can't go there without buying a bag. I have LOVED looking at your photos of the NW, I am homesick, sigh.

Bonnie said...

GREAT photos. Me likey.

anja said...

LOVE it...I want to go visit asap..your pics are fantastic Andrea..what a great flavour of the place.

iMother2.0 said...

What amazing shots, Andrea! I love all the fresh produce and flowers....

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous! You really captured the feel. I feel like I'm there looking when I look at the photos.

Dawn said...

Gorgeous, absolutely fabulous. I think we have a similar eye for things because if I was there, I would have taken so many of the same things... but yours would still be tons better than mine!

I love the signage you capture - I love taking pictures of signs,

and I love the carrots & little ceramic pigs - I love taking pictures of groupings of things - the raspberries also,

thanks for showing us how awesome this place is. Now I hope to get to see it myself one day!!

Rose said...

I've always wanted to go to Pike's Place. don't know if I'll ever make it but I love the wonderful photos you got!